Sunday 13 July 2014

Challenge 18 Inspired by Tim Holtz


Good morning and welcome to our fun new challenge! Our theme for the next two weeks is

Inspired by Tim

so we want to see your projects inspired by Tim Holtz, it could be a technique, a product or a project that has inspired you but make sure you tell us in your post! You don't have to use our products (or Tim's) to enter and as always our generous sponsors 
 have a fabby prize up for grabs - a gorgeous mask and a PanPastel too (colours may vary)!!

  


Before we check out the gorgeous projects from our DT a quick reminder to pop back next week when we'll be announcing the winner and top 3 from our last challenge.

We've also got an announcement to make, we're all very excited to say that our last Guest Designer Yvonne has agreed to stay on as a permanent member of the team, pop over to her blog and check out her gorgeous work

Doreen
I find Tim a bit grungy which I am not very good at, but this is what Tim has inspired me to do.
I have painted gesso to  the background of of a wooden 6inch x 3inch plaque then when dry covered with Phthalo blue Panpastel . After setting with hairspray I then lightly went over it with some Silver again setting in between layers to stop the colours blending....I dabbed some more Phthalo Blue through Tim's Burlap stencil and stuck down some of Tims tissue wrap with PVA glue ....I stamped the bush image with Black Versafine and clear embossed, I also repeated this for the sentiment.
Next I glued the diamond  cut outs and Tim's Bird and cage dies which I had tried to grunge with some pewter gilding wax.Lastly I added a burlap bow



Yvonne
I have made a Tim Inspired Tag and worked with PanPastels, Permanent Red, Phthalo Blue Shade, Yellow Ochre, Natural Grey Extra Dark and Burnt Sienna Shade. 

 

                             

Claire C I've made  a tag, whenever I think of Tim I always think of his tags so that was my starting point and I combined my PanPastels with distress inks to create the background for my project.


   

Terry Hiya guys, I had fun making a sort of a wallhanger, just for the fun of it. Inspired by Tim I worked with his Butterflies and mixed colors for the background, using Gesso, PanPastels and the Honeycomb Stencil from DD, butterflies are colored with PanPastels and the toplayer I worked with is Mat Gel Maimeri 









..........................................................................................................

We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone
3. We'd love you to TRY and play along with the challenge if you can although it's not a hard and fast rule but extra brownie points are awarded to those who do. 
4. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address - if the prize is not claimed within 14 days it will be offered to someone on the Top 3 from the same week.
5. You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter

And remember - our Top 3 is eligible for the running to be offered a place as a forthcoming Guest designer too!

Make sure you pop back next week when we will announce the winner of our last challenge and our talented DT will have more inspiration for you too!

The challenge will run until Saturday  26th July and the winner and top 3 will be announced on Sunday  3rd August

We'll be back next week with more inspiration and the winner and Top 3 from challenge 17!!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous challenge! I hope to be back with a second entry but for now thank you for sharing the stunning DT inspirations and a super challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing with the Pan Pastels in a weekend workshop and introducing them to my customers should be fun. Hope you like my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant inspiration from everyone. xx

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!